Crafts Using Baby's Handprints

I have a 7 month old baby girl. I am looking for craft ideas for gifts I can send Grandparents and Aunts for Thanksgiving and Christmas - using her photo or stamping her hand and foot on a card or shirt. Year ago I saw turkeys and reindeer made using baby's hand print. Any ideas?

Tina from Somerset, KY

heres a site with cute ideas

http://www.artistshelpingchildren.o ... tsfootprintsartscraftsideaskids.html

My sweet daughterinlaw made T-shirts for the Greats and the great-greats Grandmas. They were too cute.

She used fabric paint to make flowers and leaves on the shirts. Be sure to washthe shirts before decorating.

She painted a large stem, that branched off in 3 places,with a paint brush.Then used the baby's foot ( dipped in paint) for the flower buds, and the sweet little baby's hands for the flowers.

and tied a colorful ribbon on the stems.

This is a wonderful keepsake.....

You can make a cute reindeer by using one footprint & two hand prints. You use a cut sheet or muslin fabric, or felt w/ a stick from a tree at the top to make it like a banner. The material is folded down & hemmed toward the back over the stick. (You might be able to glue the hem down, toward the back not the front, if you don't have a sewing machine.) The footprint is the "face" & the two hand prints are the "antlers" on each side of the top of the "face". Put a red pom-pom nose & glue on googly eyes, draw a mouth... you can add other touches on or around it, like a gold ribbon & bell on it's neck. Very cute.

35 years ago I dipped my baby's hand in yellow paint (yellow was the color of the tile in my mother-in-law's bathroom) and stamped handprints on two white hand towels, in slightly different spots.

They were darling and she kept them in that bathroom until she died.

Just Another Site With Interesting Ideas

Crafts AdviceNovember 1, 2007
Feeding a Baby
Weaning a Baby Off Breast Milk
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower