Fall Flower Arrangement Ideas

I would like instructions for a fall flower arrangement, either with fresh or fake flowers. Does anyone have one they would like to submit?

By Antonette from Whittier, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Usually I go to Micheal's and get fake flowers.

Rule of thumb in floral decorating is to choose three colors and make one a primary color. Fall leaves, burnt red, orange, yellow, brown, purple, pea green are wonderful colors to use, but don't go overboard using each and every one of those colors or the arrangement will look too busy.

If using a basket, you can conceal the stems by covering over with dried grasses. I like to put marbles, stones in the bottom to help give added weight, holds pic stems in place while concealing them, and can also emphasize any clear vase for any theme or room decor.

Add leaves in your arrangement, or cattails, or other fall pics or even a curly grape vine branch and build around it.

I've attempted to merge a pic of one autumn arrangement I made as an example.

The first instructions are great. I had someone give me another tip one time on proportions: The width (at the base of the flowers) should be about 2 times the height from the top of the vase to the highest flower. Start with the center top flower. Then fill in the bottom border all the way around. Last fill in the rest of the arrangement. The pic that Lorelei put up shows that, but she probably got it right without having to really think about it.

Finished Rain Boot Flower Arrangement
Creative Flower Arrangements
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Floral DisplaysNovember 1, 2009
Autumn leaves, pumpkin, apple, and other elements of a fall centerpiece.
Fall Centerpiece Ideas
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
Pink and red daisies in a clear glass vase.
Cleaning Buildup Inside a Vase
Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:48:51 AM on 10.0.0.113 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.