Making an Origami Paper Flower
This is a page about making an origami paper flower
.A beautiful flower arrangement can be made folding new or recycled paper with this Japanese paper art.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a simple origami flower made from paper. Kids can make this with their parents, too. It's great for gifts and party decorations.
Approximate Time: 20-30 minutes
- colored paper and/or magazines
- glue/glue stick
- skewer or bamboo stick
- Make a perfect square. (The size depends on how big or small you would like your flower will be.) Big square=big flower, small square=small flower.
You will need six squares to make one flower.
- Fold the square in half, diagonally to make a triangle.
- Fold the left and right corners up to the middle corner. This makes a small square.
- Fold the same points down. The folded edge will line up exactly on top of the outside edge of the square.
- Make a squash fold on both sides (open up the flap you made and flatten it).
- Fold the top triangles towards you so they are level with the edges of the paper.
- Fold the triangle back using the crease you made earlier and glue the outside triangles together; one petal is finished.
- Make 5 more petals using the same procedure.
- Glue 6 petals together to complete one flower.
Roll the whole page of a magazine onto the skewer or bamboo stick and secure it with glue.
By Nelly from Estacada, OR
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.