Making an Origami Paper Flower
August 24, 2011
This is a simple origami flower made from paper. Kids can make this with their parents, too. It's great for gifts and party decorations.
Approximate Time: 20-30 minutes
- colored paper and/or magazines
- glue/glue stick
- skewer or bamboo stick
- Make a perfect square. (The size depends on how big or small you would like your flower will be.) Big square=big flower, small square=small flower.
You will need six squares to make one flower.
- Fold the square in half, diagonally to make a triangle.
- Fold the left and right corners up to the middle corner. This makes a small square.
- Fold the same points down. The folded edge will line up exactly on top of the outside edge of the square.
- Make a squash fold on both sides (open up the flap you made and flatten it).
- Fold the top triangles towards you so they are level with the edges of the paper.
- Fold the triangle back using the crease you made earlier and glue the outside triangles together; one petal is finished.
- Make 5 more petals using the same procedure.
- Glue 6 petals together to complete one flower.
Roll the whole page of a magazine onto the skewer or bamboo stick and secure it with glue.
By Nelly from Estacada, OR
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.