Making an Origami Envelope
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
September 9, 2016
These little paper envelopes are a lot easier to make than they look. A lovely idea for giving small gifts, love notes, or gift cards. You don't have to use specialised origami paper, any will do.
- 1 square of paper, any size
- scissors (if your paper is not square)
- paper glue (optional)
- sticker (optional)
- You will need a square of paper to make this envelope, so if your paper is rectangular, fold the top edge down to the side edge. Crease it and trim off the excess.
- Open the paper out and fold it the opposite way.
- Open it out again and fold one corner to the middle.
- Fold it back up across the centre again.
- Take the 2 side points and cross them over each other. Crease the sides.
- Take hold of the top point and fold it back to the corner.
- Open up the last fold and squash it down flat into a diamond shape.
- You can now fold the flap down and tuck it into the diamond.
- For extra security you can use glue and/or a fancy sticker to seal it.
- Experiment with different sizes and types of paper such as gift wrap, magazine pages, or book pages.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.