Making an Origami Envelope
This is a guide about making an origami envelope
. Using any kind of paper you can fold an attractive envelope for small gifts, notes and gift cards.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These little paper envelopes are a lot easier to make than they look. A lovely idea for giving small gifts, love notes, or gift cards. You don't have to use specialised origami paper, any will do.
- 1 square of paper, any size
- scissors (if your paper is not square)
- paper glue (optional)
- sticker (optional)
- You will need a square of paper to make this envelope, so if your paper is rectangular, fold the top edge down to the side edge. Crease it and trim off the excess.
- Open the paper out and fold it the opposite way.
- Open it out again and fold one corner to the middle.
- Fold it back up across the centre again.
- Take the 2 side points and cross them over each other. Crease the sides.
- Take hold of the top point and fold it back to the corner.
- Open up the last fold and squash it down flat into a diamond shape.
- You can now fold the flap down and tuck it into the diamond.
- For extra security you can use glue and/or a fancy sticker to seal it.
- Experiment with different sizes and types of paper such as gift wrap, magazine pages, or book pages.
September 22, 20160 found this helpful
what fun! Thanx.
In This Guide