Dollar Bill Origami Ideas

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 306 Posts

The long known art of origami has always seemed sort of mysterious to me so I decided to learn a few simple shapes to give to my grandchildren in their Easter baskets or for Valentine's Day and I am sharing a couple of them.

various origami figures

Approximate Time:

Instructions:

Dollar Bill Butterfly

Begin by folding the narrow ends in to meet in the center of one bill. The other bill fold the narrow ends in toward the center, but leave a space in the middle the same width as your folds. By looking at this bill it will be divided into thirds. See diagram A

butterfly folding template

Now fold the four corners of both bills in till they meet in the center. See diagram B

OK, on both bills make narrow accordion folds from X to X. See diagram B.

Place both bills together at X and center your chenille stem, tie and shape for antenna.

butterfly

In the photo, you will see a spider which was hard to make. Also, a snake and a turtle (mine didn't look quite like I wanted, but you can get the idea) and the swan and butterfly.

bird

spider

There are a lot of sites with free instructions if you want to try your patience.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

Crafts Paper OrigamiJune 11, 2016
👒
👔
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dollar-Bill-Origami-Ideas.html