Dollar Bill Origami Ideas

Category Origami
Making folded paper origami designs using paper money is a fun gift idea. This is a page about dollar bill origami ideas.

The long known art of origami has always seemed sort of mysterious to me so I decided to learn a few simple shapes to give to my grandchildren in their Easter baskets or for Valentine's Day and I am sharing a couple of them.

Approximate Time:

Instructions:

Dollar Bill Butterfly

Begin by folding the narrow ends in to meet in the center of one bill. The other bill fold the narrow ends in toward the center, but leave a space in the middle the same width as your folds. By looking at this bill it will be divided into thirds. See diagram A

Now fold the four corners of both bills in till they meet in the center. See diagram B

OK, on both bills make narrow accordion folds from X to X. See diagram B.

Place both bills together at X and center your chenille stem, tie and shape for antenna.

In the photo, you will see a spider which was hard to make. Also, a snake and a turtle (mine didn't look quite like I wanted, but you can get the idea) and the swan and butterfly.

There are a lot of sites with free instructions if you want to try your patience.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

Crafts Paper OrigamiJune 11, 2016
🐛
😎
😷
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dollar-Bill-Origami-Ideas.html