Crafts Using Old High School Jacket

Does anyone have any creative craft ideas for using an old satin high school jacket? My brother no longer wants his old high school jacket, but his son is named after him (XXX, Jr.). I thought it might be nice to make something out of his father's old high school jacket, which has his name on it.

Nicole from OH

My son,now 39..I still had his little league shirt when he was 6.I stuffed it w/fiberfill,sewed up the openings and now it's his son's throw pillow.I love trash to treasure another use I've seen is covering a foot stool or making a chair pad..Good luck! Keeper

Why don't you frame the jacket in a large frame. Then hang on the wall.

Put the important part into a picture frame?

How old is his son? Perhaps you could cut the jacket down to fit him and when he outgrows it it would be a smaller item to frame or make into a throw pillow.

When my husband died many years ago, a friend took his bathrobe and made each of the children a small bear from the material, plus one for me. Plus she took an almost new Army sweatshirt and made a bear for our first great grandson.

Use it in a quilt with the big important part as the center or use it in a quilt with the son's baby clothes or a throw pillow or it could be used as part of a quilted bean bag cover. Good luck

Make a Christmas stocking with his name on it, then fill it with memories and goodies. What a treat and he will be able to use it for years.

Crafts AdviceOctober 22, 2007
Photo of a large high school and its football field.
High School Activities Ideas
A high school graduate holding a sign that says hire me.
Getting a Job With a High School Diploma
High School Graduation Party Cupcakes
High School Graduation Party Ideas