Mini Pumpkin Turkeys
After Halloween, I didn't want to throw away the mini pumpkin bats that I posted on this site. So, we removed the bat wings, eyes, and ears and re-painted them brown. Add a few feathers and a head and now you have a festive Thanksgiving decoration.
- mini pumpkins
- brown paint
- paint brush
- colored card stock, construction paper, foam paper, or craft feathers
- colored pom poms or wooden beads
- Paint mini pumpkins brown and allow to dry.
- Make feathers using colored paper such as cardstock, construction, or foam. You could also use colored craft feathers. Attach a tootpick to the back of each feather with tape.
- Insert toothpicks into pumpkin to resemble turkey feathers.
- Create a head for the turkey with a colored pom pom or wooden bead. Glue on a triangular beak cut from the colored paper. Glue on a snood cut out from the colored paper.
- Glue the head to the stem of the pumpkin. If your pumpkin is missing the stem, just attach it with a toothpick instead.
By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
November 26, 20080 found this helpful
I have to admit,when I first read this at 6:30AM. I had a true LOL moment. But when I read how you made the change to the turkey, I really give you credit for creativity! You did a great job!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 4:04:35 AM on 10.0.2.179 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us