Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Mini Pumpkin Turkeys

Mini Pumpkin Turkeys

After Halloween, I didn't want to throw away the mini pumpkin bats that I posted on this site. So, we removed the bat wings, eyes, and ears and re-painted them brown. Add a few feathers and a head and now you have a festive Thanksgiving decoration.

Approximate Time:

• mini pumpkins
  • brown paint
  • paint brush
  • colored card stock, construction paper, foam paper, or craft feathers
  • toothpicks
  • tape
  • colored pom poms or wooden beads

Instructions:

1. Paint mini pumpkins brown and allow to dry.
  2. Make feathers using colored paper such as cardstock, construction, or foam. You could also use colored craft feathers. Attach a tootpick to the back of each feather with tape.
  3. Insert toothpicks into pumpkin to resemble turkey feathers.
  4. Create a head for the turkey with a colored pom pom or wooden bead. Glue on a triangular beak cut from the colored paper. Glue on a snood cut out from the colored paper.
  5. Glue the head to the stem of the pumpkin. If your pumpkin is missing the stem, just attach it with a toothpick instead.

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By ms carmen (Guest Post)11/26/2008

I have to admit,when I first read this at 6:30AM. I had a true LOL moment. But when I read how you made the change to the turkey, I really give you credit for creativity! You did a great job!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.