Mini Pumpkin Turkeys

After Halloween, I didn't want to throw away the mini pumpkin bats that I posted on this site. So, we removed the bat wings, eyes, and ears and re-painted them brown. Add a few feathers and a head and now you have a festive Thanksgiving decoration.

Approximate Time:

• mini pumpkins
  • brown paint
  • paint brush
  • colored card stock, construction paper, foam paper, or craft feathers
  • toothpicks
  • tape
  • colored pom poms or wooden beads

1. Paint mini pumpkins brown and allow to dry.
  2. Make feathers using colored paper such as cardstock, construction, or foam. You could also use colored craft feathers. Attach a tootpick to the back of each feather with tape.
  3. Insert toothpicks into pumpkin to resemble turkey feathers.
  4. Create a head for the turkey with a colored pom pom or wooden bead. Glue on a triangular beak cut from the colored paper. Glue on a snood cut out from the colored paper.
  5. Glue the head to the stem of the pumpkin. If your pumpkin is missing the stem, just attach it with a toothpick instead.

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

I have to admit,when I first read this at 6:30AM. I had a true LOL moment. But when I read how you made the change to the turkey, I really give you credit for creativity! You did a great job!

pumpkin turkey
Making Mini Pumpkin Turkeys
Crafts ThanksgivingNovember 22, 2008
Paper hand print turkey.
Hand Print Turkeys
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes