Clutter Baskets

Keep a basket in each room for clutter. Have the family help clean out the baskets once a week. When unexpected company arrives, simply put the baskets in the closet.

By Chell

I buy baskets from thrift stores and I use them to put my craft things or just stuff that I have lying around. That way my clutter looks neater and when I want to look for something, it is in the basket and not all over the place.

I hate to see clutter when I come home or when I get up in the morning. When my three boys were still young and at home I found a solution that really worked. I kept a box or basket for each of them. Instead of me picking up and putting their things away, it went into their basket. No real rules or conversations or demands. "If you can't find it, I may have put it in your basket". The first day of the month, if there were any items in their baskets, I threw it out. Ouch, that even hurt me. We only had the baskets for two months. We didn't need them after that.

By Ardis Barnes

Ardis, I love the idea. Wish someone told me this when I had four teenagers living at home years ago. but, I do use a waste basket in several rooms, it keeps my own clutter to a minimum. I keep one in each bathroom, my bedroom, my office, an one even in the living room. For me it saves me from jumping up constantly to throw things in the trash. every Saturday morning I go around and empty each one unless one or two look like they need it before then. It certainly keeps my computer area much neater.

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Cluttered Garage
Organizing Clutter
Organizing Clutter ControlJanuary 28, 2005
Garage Full of Boxes and Clutter
Getting Rid of Clutter
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
paper flower basket
Making May Day Baskets
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets