Organizing Clutter

Do you feel overwhelmed that your home is a big mess? Just looking at it, you do not know where to begin? Try this: Take a big green trash bag and go in each room, Put everything that is laying around into this bag; clothes, toys, shoes, just what ever is on the floor and such. You will have a clean home in 10 minutes. Then while you are sitting down watching a movie, go through this bag and put everything in place. It gives such peace of mind

By Karen from MO

24 More Solutions

When reorganizing my home, I used to forget where seldom-used items got redirected to. After some frustrations, I learned to keep a recipe card file of alphabetized note cards, one for each item I moved.

If you have some clean cans and some strong bulldog clips, you can have a catch all to keep handy. Just put the clip everywhere the tins meet, and fill evenly with things like I did. I put in office, tool, and craft supplies.

cans to organize

I recently got 3/$1.00 baskets that are absolutely invaluable to me. They are useful for so many things, especially when you have limited counter and desk space. I put this one up above my little desk with push pins and now keep my stamps, Dr. appt. cards, and rent receipts in it.

Basket with saved notes and other papers.

I have a 3 lb coffee can that I add all screws, pieces of blinds, wing nuts, lamp parts and "what have you" that are left over. For over 30 years now if I have needed something to hang a picture, anchor or screw I just look in the "MAGIC CAN" and there it is.

Crisscross several thin, braided elastic headbands around the front cover of a three-ring binder, and your child can tuck pens, pencils, and reminder notes under them. You can also use the same concept on the sun visors in your car.

Use a clutter jail to help kids pick up their stuff. If you pick something of theirs off the floor they then have to pick a card from a jar, and complete the task before they get their item returned. Here is some card ideas:

I had an old roll-up front wooden breadbox that I was loathe to part with, but didn't need for bread keeping so I re-purposed it as a kitchen organizer.

If you have baskets or crocks displayed on high shelves, you can hide small decorative objects inside them, and no one will ever know.

When company is coming, take your clutter items and box them up for sorting at a later time. This saves me time when I am rushed for cleaning, as I can sort through the box while watching TV or a good rainy day project.

Keep a basket in each room for clutter. Have the family help clean out the baskets once a week. When unexpected company arrives, simply put the baskets in the closet.

I recently redecorated the bedroom by turning it into the "combo room". Very soon you will see the massive job it was, but for now, this is what I came up with.

Finished basket storage, with balls of green and purple yarn artfully arranged on top.

Controlling clutter with kids is not an easy task! To try to control the clutter in the living room, kitchen, and dining room, we have to do a walk-through everyday (or at least every other day).

Clutter can become overwhelming. My solution is to create a master list of things that are needed to live. Clothes that are needed for our/your way of life, groceries, furniture, and just basic needs which are placed in categories.

I have a small trailer so I have 2 plastic stands that I brought at Wal-Mart. One I use for putting items for cooking, baking, and extra stuff I don't use right away. I have a small one for my computer.

Personalized organizer from a recycled ruler, magnets, clothes pins, and foam shapes. We used hot glue to place the clothespins and magnets onto the ruler.

Clothes Pin Paper Organizer

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I keep a CD rack by my computer to hold papers for my printer, files and invoices to be paid. It is easy to get the papers I need in a flash.

Like most of us I am besieged by the clutter demon! However I find this does help a little. Every night before I go to bed I tidy up the living room/kitchen area.

Load More
Organizing Clutter ControlJune 26, 2012
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organizing-Clutter.html