Fading Jeans

I would like to fade a jean jacket but I do not use bleach. I've looked for the RIT fabric fader but I can't find it. Any suggestions?

Mindy from Oregon

The only natural "bleaches" I know of are the sun, vinegar, or lemon juice - and you can combine them. Maybe try throughly soaking your coat in vinegar (cheaper than lemon juice) and hanging it in the sun? You may have to rotate it around some or the areas that aren't very exposed will stay darker. Or try ordering the RIT color remover online if you can't buy it locally?

I had a girlfriend who used to buy the dark jeans when they were on sale. She would fill her tub up with water as hot as she could stand it and then pour a full bottle of lemon concentrate in. She would then get in the tub with the jeans on, and take a scrub brush and scrub the heck out of the jeans. Then she would wear them until they dried. This would fade the jeans, and make them fit to her body. Try this and see if it works.

Crafts ClothingMay 22, 2007
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
dark jeans
Fading Dark Jeans