Shampoo for Ring Around the Collar

By Sandy Bass 114 1

Got ring around the collar? I've found that since the stain is basically caused by the same body oils that make our hair greasy, why not use shampoo to clean that greasy stain on our collars? I keep a cheap brand of shampoo over my washer, and pre-treat the collar ring with it. Does a great job! Small sample bottles or ones that have accumulated from many hotel visits are also a good source for the shampoo.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Filter Sort

By Chris Richman 10 106 Flag

Thanks for the tip! My husbands work shirts get a horrible ring and nothing has worked on them. I'm going to try this today!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Melissa 1 Flag

Since shampoo is designed to clean body oil I use it for lots of things. I first add my shampoo to a big pump bottle and add the same amount of shampoo and water. I use this as a body wash, to wash my hard and my bathtub and basin cleanup. I've even used it to mop the bathroom floor. Great for ring around the collar as you said. Between Dawn blue and shampoo you can treat almost all laundry problems unless then need to be bleached.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lisa 1 Flag

Hello,

I would agree with you. I often use shampoo to hand wash my delicates. I find that it works really well and also imparts a nice fragrance.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Shampoo for Ring Around the Collar

The easiest way to get rid of ring around the collar is to use shampoo. Just use a small paintbrush and paint it on the stains before washing.

By Dee

Woman Looking at Shirt Collar
Cleaning Ring Around the Collar
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 8, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Homemade Carpet Shampoo Recipes
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
Woman Looking at Shirt Collar
Cleaning Ring Around the Collar
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 3:41:01 PM on 10.0.1.64 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

CommentsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings