Pocket Calendar Tips

It's time to get out the pocket calendars/planners for the New Year. I like to use an interim calendar from one of the ones I get from advertisers through January, until I find a good deal on a pocket calendar book on sale. (I used to use those little Hallmark ones from the card stores. Do they still make those?) I customize these advertisement pocket calendars by gluing on art/graphics I have cut out and then covering them with clear contact paper.

Once I get the more 'permanent' calendar, I can slip the smaller one in with the 'better' one, as the ad calendars are the monthly kind, which gives me an overview of my schedule, while the details go into the 'better' pocket calendar where there is more room.

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

I do the same thing. And, yes, Hallmark still gives out those little paper datebooks -- but they have a lot less pages than before and a lot more advertisments for Hallmark products!

When I discard my Christmas cards I write each senders name on a day in the calendar and pray for that family on their day. I generally send them a note at the beginning of the week letting them know their day-so they can be awware of any special blessings they may receive that day! Keeps Christmas going all year long!

Michael's has really cute calendars that are check book size for $1! I put in in place of my checkbook (never carry it anymore).

Using a Daily Planner
Using a Daily Planner or Pocket Calendar
Organizing MiscellaneousJanuary 7, 2008
Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Circling Calendar Date in Red
Using A Calendar
Pocket Calendar
Uses for Pocket Calendars