How Long Can a Lasagna be Frozen?

How long can a lasagna casserole be frozen? Also, can you freeze a sweet potatoe casserole?

Nancy from Jefferson City, MO

Nancy, Hi.

I'm not sure about the recommended length of time (you may want to check with your local beef marketing organization), but I do know that if you double-wrap it (two plastic bags, openings at opposite ends, remove as much air as possible and seal it well), the food will be good for up to a year.

And if you're not sure about the potato dish? (I've not had much luck freezing ordinary potatoes: they get mushy. But my potato soup keeps beautifully in the freezer.) Make a small portion or your sweet potato dish and freeze it (or leftovers): see how it tastes after you've thawed it.

Rose Anne

Freezing Lasagna
Freezing Lasagna
Food and Recipes Freezing MeatOctober 24, 2006
Various Types of Noodles
Alternatives to Lasagna Noodles
Lasagna Soup
Lasagna Soup Recipes
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Lasagna Rolls without Sauce
Lasagna Rolls Recipes