Getting Rid Of Invasive Ferns

How do I safely rid my yard of invasive ferns?

Hardiness Zone: 8b

Sherrie from Florida

You know, a week or so ago, I read in the paper that ferns can absorb contaminents in the soil. It made me appreciate mine more. I don't know if this will help at all, but it is neat to know.

Sherrie, I had to just keep digging them up until they got the idea they weren't wanted. They can really take over, can't they? Wherever I saw one starting to come up I'd dig it. Be persistent. So many plants can really be downright pests.

Susan in Omaha

First of all ferns are beautiful things and give off lots of oxygen and they help purify the air.

In answer to your question ferns grow well where there is plenty of magnesium. Just amend your soil and grow something else.- MaryBelle

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsOctober 28, 2008
Blue and pinkish purple morning glory blooms.
Getting Rid of Morning Glory
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Growing Woodland 
Ferns from Spores
Growing Woodland Ferns From Spores
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 7:59:01 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.