Repurposing Frisbees

My family always seems to have an overabundance of frisbees (mostly free promotional giveaways) - and since you only need one or two for actually throwing around the back yard, I started repurposing them for other uses.

• Use frisbees as sturdy plates for camping. The extra lip on the side is great for messy foods, they wash up easily, and hold up to most knives. They can also be used to support a paper plate.
  • Use them as saucers for plants- indoors and out.
  • Use while crafting - they make good bead trays and keep your beads from rolling all over. They are also good for catch trays when working with glitter, so you don't waste the materials that fall off your project.
  • If you are hiking with a pet, a frisbee makes a quick water dish.
  • They make a good catchall on a dresser for emptying your pockets into at night.
  • Take an extra one to the beach to use as a sand scoop, or to hold your collection of stones, shells and beach glass.
  • Be sure to keep them out for winter snow fun! They work well for scooping snow together for a snowman.

By Regina from Rochester, NY

I buy the cheap-like Frisbees when they are on sale by the box (12 to a box) for my 75lb. red nose pit bull...that is the only toy she will play with out side..I'm looking at 2 1/2 boxes of them right now..I never thought of using them for plates...good idea!!!

Dear Regina, These are marvelous ideas for using frisbees. Thank you for sharing them with us.

They do make great plates! Especially at a kids b-day party.

These are all great ideas. I never thought of using them for anything but play time.. Thanks so much for these wonderful ideas..

I am so inspired now on how to use my extra frisbees!

Thank you so much for sharing! I never would have thought of this!

I use them as stepping stones in my garden. I have a wrap around garden around my main house and I put them where I step to turn on the water, step to reach to weed. Rather than an expensive step stone plate which is also heavy, a freebie works.

I use Frisbees as dog food dishes and to put under the cat food dish. Like the other gal, I use also use them to put under potted plans. I also use them under anything that might have a tendency to drip, like under the water distiller, or pitchers of cold beverages.

frisbee bird feeder
Uses for Frisbees
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Ideas For Repurposing Furniture
Ideas For Repurposing Furniture
Beads made from rolled CD pieces.
Making Jewelry from CDs and DVDs
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table