Recycled Heart Garland

Recycled craft projects are doubly satisfying, not only do you have a lovely or useful craft item, but your are recycling and repurposing materials that would have gone to the landfill. This is a page explains how to make a heart garland from recycled milk jugs or other thin plastic containers.

Cut apart a milk jug or other white plastics, clear plastic from product packaging and cut hearts in several sizes.
(I used all of the milk jug except for the handle, bottom and areas too curved or thick to work with)

Use a thumb tack, thick sewing needle, or pin to punch a hole big enough to fit a small size crochet hook through.

Using your choice of cord or thread, chain stitch 20 stitches between each plastic heart (20 worked best for me). Continue until you are out of hearts or have reached the desired length of the garland. You can trace the hearts on with premade patterns or cut them out freehand.

I used a Sizzix, which is an excellent investment for those of us who are concerned with too much household trash to contend with or those who wish to keep more from going to the dumps. They even cut pop or beer cans so you can make free usable deco for use in your home or in crafting! (I will upload a photo when I am finished). Also, I have reduced my collection of saved kitchen cardboard to a neat stack of cardboard cutouts I have a plan for.

Source: My need to reduce garbage

By melody_yesterday

In These Pages
Crafts Valentine's DayMarch 1, 2017
📓
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recycled-Heart-Garland.html