Keeping Birds Off My Car

How do I discourage the birds from playing on the hood of our cars under the carport?

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

You could put something on the hood every time you get paper or a tarp. Lots of trouble though.

I have learned mostly from searching the internet that plastic owls don't work very good. I have chosen to draw snakes with chalk on the driveway as a visual deterrent, and I put up a rope across the carport and hung butterfly shaped "bats" from it. I'm hoping it will deter the little playful creatures.

If this doesn't work, I will keep a bucket of soapy water and some rags. If you can't beat them at their game just wash the

Paint the underside of your carport roof blue. Dont know why it works, but it does. Also, hang some old CDs from the ceiling with string or fishing line. The flash of the light on them as they twist and turn scares the birds away.

What about a rubber, toy snake or two? A neighbor used one on her ornamental mailbox to deter the birds and it seems to work.

Thank you! Everyone's comments have been put to good use. I have used the color blue, and I have a rope and on it I have hung CD,s drawn snakes on the driveway, hung a rope across the the driveway, and on it is hanging aluminum foil in different shapes hung by yarn, and those spinners you can buy at the toy stores for one dollar, and I now have very clean cars under the carport. (Lots of birds looking from afar to try and figure out what all the shining and spinning is all about!) Robyn

The toy snakes that look real are used on my hood of my car to scare the birds too. They hate them.

I just have to remember to take them off before I drive away! Thanks for the tip!

Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsApril 7, 2009
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior