Product Review: Glutino Gluten Free Pantry Baking Mixes

Product: Gluten Free Pantry pie crust mix

Manufacturer: http://www.glutino.com

Cost: $4.23

I am allergic to gluten and have had to make big adjustments in my eating habits. Cutting out wheat flour has been one of the hardest tasks I have ever tackled. Wheat is in about everything. I have to read a lot of labels. I use rice flour, and I have found a lot of gluten free mixes that are really good. They are expensive, so I have to use them sparingly.

Recently, I tried the Gluten Free Pantry perfect pie crust mix, and I would rate it with many stars. The mix makes 4 pie crusts and they freeze well. The pie crust is just as good, if not better, than a pie crust made with regular flour.

I have made coconut pies, and, this weekend, I made a lemon meringue pie. For the lemon pie, you bake the crust first. I found that if you bake the pie crust first, even when making the coconut pie, the crust turns out more crispy.

I also like the Gluten Free Pantry favorite sandwich bread mix. I mix this in my bread machine then pour it into loaf pans to rise and bake in the oven. I found both of these mixes at Walmart in the Gluten Free section.

By Litter Gitter from NC

I don't have a gluten allergy but know a few people who do so thanks for sharing this helpful review! Thumbs up. :-)

Thanks for the info, these types of products are so expensive elsewhere.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Food and DrinkJune 27, 2011
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
🎄