DogsPets

Binky (Poodle/Terrier) in his Halloween Costume

Category Dogs

Binky is my 3 year old, poodle/terrier mix that I saved from Animal Control when he was just 8 months old. He loves to go for rides in the car, long walks, loves to run and play with toys, and loves for people to make over him. He has been neutered, is healthy except for seasonal allergies, and loves his rawhide bones.

The photo I have submitted is of Binky with his "kitty-cat" ears on for Halloween. I thought he looked so adorable in them, and I was amazed he sat still so I could put them on him. I am on Social Security Disability. I just lost my other dog, Charlie, who was a border collie mix, that I had for 5-1/2 years, and he was a stray that I rescued from the park. I lost Charlie in February to liver failure, and it was an abosolute heartbreaking experience. I am still not over that loss, but I have Binky.

Vicky Tisdial

BinkywithCatEars.jpg

Hi Vicky:

It is so sad to lose a beloved pet, but because of your kindness, Charlie had five great years that he would not otherwise have had. Binky is adorable and I am sure he is a wonderful companion. Keep up the good work.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How Precious! I have a beagle/person named Buster. He is my best friend and such a smart dog!

I cannot imagine the sorrow and grief you feel in losing Charlie!

Binky is so cute! (I have funny pictures of my Buster when I put reindeer antlers on him at Christmas. He just wouldn't wear them!) I think he showed me that he will chase and/or track them, but he would not wear them.

May God bless you and Binky with many happy days!

JoAnn

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your pet co-operates better than my kids when it comes to Halloween!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How sweet, I know how much he means to you. I don't think we ever really get over the ones we love. I had my cat Muffin for 20 years and it's been 5 years since he died and I still miss him. You gave Charlie lots of love for 5 years and you know because of it he had a wonderful life with you. Now he's playing with all of our babies in pet heaven!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a sweet picture!! I just want to caution you though ... rawhides are NOT good for dogs. I almost lost an Lhasa Apso, after she chewed it for a while, and got it good and soft, then she tried to swallow it .. it went part way down, and she started choking .. thank God I was nearby, and could get enough of a hold to pull it back out ... but I have heard of other dogs who have choked to death! Just a word to the wise!

Reply Like this photo? Yes