Hairspray for Setting Chalk on Paper

This tip is for making a picture with chalk on paper. When finished, spray with cheap hairspray. The hairspray puts a fine coat of lacquer on the paper and you won't get chalk dust all over.

I also do chalking on Bisque. My grandchildren love to use chalk to color the pieces. It is less messy than paint when working with children. I have cans of both Gloss and Matte fininshing spray. Not all pieces need to have that shiny effect. They chalk Christmas ornaments and Easter ornaments. Chalk also works on Plaster of Paris.

chalk pastels
Making Chalk Drawings
Crafts Crafts For KidsOctober 9, 2007
Sidewalk chalk drawing.
Homemade Sidewalk Chalk
Cleaning Chalk Off Upholstered Furniture
Colorful Chalk
Cleaning Chalk Stains Off Carpet
hair spray
Uses for Hairspray
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 1:23:23 AM on in 962 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.