Preventing Neighbors from Using Wifi

We have 3 computers that share our internet service on linksys. Are there any easy instructions to block neighbors from using out network, without me really goofing up and not having service for our 3?

By ilovemacca from USA

Hi there, First off I know zippo about WiFi but I noticed on the linksys website they have info and videos on such things. You might try there. http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/learningcenter

I don't use Linksys as I use Apples Airport Wireless. But, as I understand it, you should be able to specify an encryption to use so that only you and your three computers can use it. Check with the earlier link for more info. My wireless connection is encrypted and onl I know the key!

Make sure that you enable the WEP or WPA encryption modes on your Linksys when you set it up. You should have been asked to set this up when you ran the original installation cd. If not, go back and reinstall the Linksys cd and check the box that sets up the encryption mode. Follow the instructions that come up on the screen. It's very easy!

I have my secured by MAC address and also by WEP and a password. This way the only laptops that can access it are ones that I have given permission and password to. If you need more instructions, let me know.

Consumer Advice General AdviceAugust 29, 2009
Giving Christmas Gifts to Neighbors
Giving Christmas Gifts to Neighbors
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Handmade Wifi Signal Booster
Handmade Wifi Signal Booster
Two couples, who are neighbors, talking.
Getting to Know Your Neighbors
🎉
🎄