Handmade Wifi Signal Booster
Sometimes your wifi router doesn't have enough signal to be useful through the home. Use this easy to make signal booster to expand the wifi signal area. This is a guide about boosting your wifi signal
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
With just a few supplies that you have laying around the house, you can make a signal booster for your wifi.
- 1 aluminum can
- super glue
- Carefully cut the top off an aluminum can.
- Then cut the can open down the side. Then cut off the bottom of the can, making a rectangle.
- Trim the edges of the can to remove any sharp bits.
- Place the can on a piece of cardboard creating a semicircle. Make sure each end of the can reaches the straight edge of the cardboard. Make a mark on the cardboard where each end hits.
- Using a ruler, mark the center in between the marks. Use the compass to make a semicircle as wide as the marks on the cardboard.
- Cut the semi circle out and use it as a template to make another semicircle of the same size.
- Use a pen to make a hole in the center of each semicircle.
- Place one of the semicircles inside the curve of the aluminum can at one end and super glue in place. Hold in place until the glue is dry.
- Repeat on the other side. You may want to cut off any excess card board that is sticking out.
- Place over your wifi antenna and point in the direction you want the wifi signal to go.
January 15, 20150 found this helpful
Does the inside or outside of the can face the direction you want the signal to go?
August 15, 20180 found this helpful
The inside, it works like a tv dish