Using Dawn Dish Soap as a Laundry Booster

Category Laundry
A little Dawn added to your laundry detergent can make your clothes come out cleaner. This is a guide about using Dawn dish soap as a laundry booster.

Add a little Dawn dish washing liquid to your laundry soap or wash water, and the clothes will come out much cleaner.

Also, only run your dryer for 1/2 the time you normally do. Usually the clothes are dry by then. : )

By lara from Portland, OR

Top Comment

I agree with the other poster about not doing this. Dishwashing detergent sudses a lot, and that is what causes damage to washing machines, esp the newer HE machines! In fact, the way I save money in laundry detergent is to use half the amount listed on the laundry detergent label. That way, it's much gentler on my machine and my wallet, and my clothes still all come out clean and fresh smelling.

And also, another important tip for extending the life of your washer is never overload the washer, no matter what. One extra load of clothes to wash won't break the budget the way having to buy a new washer will, from overloading it one time too many. That's the fastest way to breaking a washer.

Dawn makes the clothes dry faster? I am going to have to try that!
Thanks.

I would be very careful/cautious about using a liquid dish detergent in my washer. It could very well break down the part/hoses and therefore causing more problems later on. It may also be grounds for warranty rejection issues.

I don't think she said that Dawn makes clothes dry faster.