Saving Cards With Addresses

My father passed away recently and we were getting cards from all over and from people that my brother and I weren't familar with. Instead of trying to keep envelope with the card, I just tore off the return address and taped it to the back of the card.

When I'm sending acknowledgements and thank you notes, I know exactly who and where to send it to. It gives me a bit of inspiration when writing the note because i have the card right with the address. Much later, when looking through the cards, I'll also have an idea of who the card came from instead of trying to figure out who 'Jean" is.

By lkaserman from Adelphi Maryland

First and foremost, I am so very sorry for your loss! Thank you for sharing your idea! My daddy passed away 23 years ago this coming August 30th and I still have all of the cards of condolence. I kept them in their envelopes with notes I made on the envelopes but your idea is a really good one!

I forgot to mention that this is a great way to keep addresses current at Christmas time too!

Great idea, and very efficient.

God Bless.

Trish in CT

What a terrific idea. Thank you for sharing.

Great idea, my husband just passed away and I have the sympathy cards and love the idea of taping the address on the back of the card. Thanks for the idea.

Using Old Christmas Cards
Uses for Old Greeting Cards
Organizing MiscellaneousJune 24, 2011
Finished tile trivet project (square format).
Making a Greeting Card Trivet
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards