Flowering Verbenas Tips

I absolutely love flowering verbenas. The problem is that, without fail, they all end up dying on me. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? It's driving me crazy and I hate wasting money on replacing them all the time.

Cathy from Townsville, QLD

Verbanas flourish in direct sunlight. Water only when soil is almost dry. Too much water & verbana yellows out. pick up the dry leaves and pinch off the deadhead blooms regularly & you will be rewarded with bountiful blooms.

To save the plant in winter, place it indoors, water it sparingly every 3 days & plant it back outside in March - April. The cuttings of this plant root very easily.

Where are you buying them? Some places offer a guarantee to grow and if they don't you can return them with your receipt for an exchange. Check with your nursery or florist and find out what you are doing wrong. Ask the experts.

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJuly 28, 2008
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Pruning a Hedge
Pruning a Hedge
Passion flower.
Growing Flowering Vines Indoors
Spring Flowering Bulbs
Storing Spring Flowering Bulbs