Repurposing Old Plastic Drawers

Like most people, I went through a frenzy a few years ago to organize everything. A major task was the kids rooms!

I bought nice plastic stacking drawers on wheels in fun colors - and it worked! For a while. After much use, including playing with the drawers, some of the structure was damaged or broken. There I was, left with the pull out drawers. We are very into recycling, but here these plastic drawers are not accepted. What is a girl to do? Keep using them!

I put winter gloves and hats in them in summer and store in the high shelves of the closets. They are see through, so I know what is in them. In winter, I store summer clothes. And they didn't end up in a land fill!

By auliya from NC

I think it's wonderful you repurposed those drawers. They are being put to good use with something you already owned so you saved money not buying any bins! Good idea!

I just started doing this and this is cool I am not the only one. Thanks

Photo of organized kitchen cabinets.
Organizing Your Home
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 24, 2011
Dresser Drawer
Freshening Dresser Drawers
Organizing Drawers, Organized Kitchen Drawer
Organizing Drawers
Kitchen Utility Drawer
Organizing Kitchen Drawers
Bathroom Drawers
Organizing Bathroom Drawers
🎄