Daijah (Pit Bull Mix?)

Daijah is a 7 week old Pit Bull Mix (?) that we got 1 and a half weeks ago. She likes to nip me and run around chewing on everything. She is a delight.

By Allie from Rancho Mirage, CA

Daijah (Pit Bull Mix ?)

They are one of the most childlike breeds of dog there, they show love in the most amusing ways...I love these babies, yours is adorable! Racer

How cute is that little face? As cute as a button! Adorable little baby.

Your dog is cute as a button! I'd used to believe the bad rumors about pit bulls until my son got one. His dog (Honda) is one of the most loving & friendly dogs I've ever set eyes on. Then I watched the Dog Whisperer & he says "Don't blame the Breed, Blame the OWNER! I'm sure he's right, if your raise your dog right, they will be loving members of the family (no mater WHAT breed they are) Only one warning for you: My son's female Pit jumped a 6 foot fence from a standing start when she was only 9 months old! (It's like she has springs for legs!) Just be sure your sweet little guy doesn't run away & your fence high enough & secure... I also believe that tying up a dog will make them mean, so make sure you fence him in & don't tie him up.

What a cute little face!

No matter how cute you think her nipping you is right now, it won't be so funny when she is full grown! Or when she "nips" someone else and you are responsible. Stop her from this unacceptable behavior right now. This is also the time to break her from chewing anything that is not hers. I suggest strongly that you search for some training basics to ensure that in a year you still think she is "cute".

Now is the time to train the dog to stop biting. Be consisten every time she nips say, "NO BITE!" firmly. But give her some things she is allowed to chew, as puppies at 7 weeks have a need to chew. The biting is because they bite each other when they play. It is a problem when she is biting humans. I can't tell you how many dogs I have gone through the "NO BITE" training with. It works very well, but you have to keep at it. She's really a cute little pup.

Photos Pets DogsMarch 9, 2009
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Pit Bull Mix
Pit Bull Mix Photos
Pit Bull
Pit Bull Breed Information and Photos
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
🎄
🍂