Valentine Flower Gift Topper
This treat bag/package topper is created from recycled materials and is a great alternative to the standard gift bow.
Approximate Time: about 30 minutes
- 4 inch piece of cardboard tube
- acrylic paint and foam brush
- construction paper
- paper doily or other embellishments
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Use acrylic paint and foam brush to paint a 4-inch piece of cardboard tube inside and out. Allow to dry.
- Slightly flatten the cardboard tube and mark it off in half-inch increments.
- Cut it into 8, half-inch pieces. You will have 8 pieces that resemble flower petals.
- Apply glue on 1/4 inch of the bottom end of one piece and glue it to another piece. Continue until all 8 pieces are glued together to resemble a flower.
- Cut 4 small hearts of equal size (about 1 1/2 inches) from construction paper.
- Glue hearts to top of flower, with points of hearts toward center.
- Add an embellishment to the top of the hearts. I used a circle cut from a gold doily, but you could glue on a button, circle of lace, loose pearls, or other embellishment.
- Now you are ready to glue the topper to a treat bag or wrapped package.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 5, 2017 at 3:04:34 PM on 10.0.0.222 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us