Making a Jacket from Towels

A jacket made from terry cloth can be handy after swimming or bathing. This guide is about making a jacket from towels.

stack of towels
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I am looking for the 1950s Jamara bath towel jacket pattern, that uses 2 large bath towels. It would be nice to just have the pattern, or a printable pattern? Can anyone help me?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where can I find a pattern to make a jacket from towels? I had one as a teen and I haven't seen patterns around for them. These jackets are very comfortable and I would enjoy having one again.

By mikhan51

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You will most likely have to find a pattern that is similar to the jacket you had years ago. If it is terrycloth material that the jacket was made out of, you can find it at a fabric store or if not in season, see if they can order some for you. If you are going to use towels, will need to figure out the yardage for the amount of towels you will need. Good luck with this endeavor.

Many years ago when I was a child my grandmother had a jacket that was made from towels. It opened down the front and each side was a towel edge so there was no need to finish them off. I think the collar was pointed in the back. I know she must have had a pattern but I surely can't find one now. Does anybody have one or know where I may be able to locate one? It would be perfect to wear around the house on chilly days.

Judi from Elgin, Oregon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have the pattern you are talking about. When I was growing up our neighbor gave my mother the pattern. She made us each one.

Read More Answers...
    Crafts Sewing How ToMay 9, 2013
    Stack of Colored Towels
    Saving Money on Towels
    Stack of colorful towels.
    Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
    Stack of Colorful Towels
    Craft Uses for Towels
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 7:06:18 AM on 10.0.0.156 in 224 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.