Making a Jacket from Towels

A jacket made from terry cloth can be handy after swimming or bathing. This guide is about making a jacket from towels.

November 16, 2007 Flag

Many years ago when I was a child my grandmother had a jacket that was made from towels. It opened down the front and each side was a towel edge so there was no need to finish them off. I think the collar was pointed in the back. I know she must have had a pattern but I surely can't find one now. Does anybody have one or know where I may be able to locate one? It would be perfect to wear around the house on chilly days.

Judi from Elgin, Oregon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I did several searches on Google and can't believe that I found this pattern. I hope this is what you're looking for.

http://www.ez-f  h_towel_robe.cfm

Did you ever find a pattern for this. I have one my mom made for me but would like to make more.

http://www.flic  an7/sets/765026/

This site has some more pictures of the robe you are referring to. If you click on them it enlarges them. With this and the directions from the other person, I hope you are able to figure out how to make them.

Harriet

Looking for that same pattern. It was a simple design. My sister was making them for "bed jackets" back when she was a candy striper. It was basic towel cuts with a point in the back - no raw edges.

I have the pattern you are talking about. When I was growing up our neighbor gave my mother the pattern. She made us each one.

I would love a copy of your pattern .My daughter and I both had one our friend made and would love to make another.

March 17, 2013 Flag

Where can I find a pattern to make a jacket from towels? I had one as a teen and I haven't seen patterns around for them. These jackets are very comfortable and I would enjoy having one again.

By mikhan51

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You will most likely have to find a pattern that is similar to the jacket you had years ago. If it is terrycloth material that the jacket was made out of, you can find it at a fabric store or if not in season, see if they can order some for you. If you are going to use towels, will need to figure out the yardage for the amount of towels you will need. Good luck with this endeavor.

February 27, 2016 Flag

I am looking for the 1950s Jamara bath towel jacket pattern, that uses 2 large bath towels. It would be nice to just have the pattern, or a printable pattern? Can anyone help me?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 10, 2014 Flag

Where can I get a pattern to make a towel jacket?

By Becky H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 29, 2011 Flag

Some years ago I had a jacket made from bath towels with fringe. 3 towels were used. The elbow length sleeves had fringe and the neck down the back had fringe also. Would anyone have any input/knowledge of this?

By Frances

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Sewing How ToMay 9, 2013
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
Stack of Colorful Towels
Craft Uses for Towels
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 1:59:10 PM on 10.0.0.212 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.