Craft Uses for Towels

Category Fabric
There are many different ways to use these absorbent cloths in projects for very useful and fun crafts. This is a guide about craft uses for towels.

Back to school and lots to do! Keep your mornings more organized and less hectic by laying out clothing and accessories the night before. A handly wall organizer is ideal. I make them out of hand and bath towels and there are several pockets to place everything. It is handy for placing socks, jewelry, undies, combs, brushes, etc for the next day.

These work well not only for the kids, but for Mom and Dad, too!

By Cheryl from Peebles, OH

After being years out of school and gym/locker rooms, attending a Y to swim recently I felt shy to change in public and noticed other women there (all ages and various cultures as well) also felt self conscious and shy about changing out of their bathing suits in public. Many even hid in the bathroom stalls or showers to make the change out of their suits into street clothes.

So here's my hint.
Use the biggest beach towel you can find or buy a few yards of terry material at the store. Cut a hole in the very center to place one's head into it, covering the entire body all around like a longer poncho.

Dry off with it since terry absorbs most of the water then you can undress under it, dropping the suit down, finish drying off with the towel (or bring along a second smaller towel if you'd like) then dress under it!

If you'd like you could even sew one side together too to reduce any "flashing" and keep the other, open side facing the lockers for privacy reasons if it isn't as wide as you'd like.

This might even be used for parents of little kids at the beach if they need the privacy!

This is a guide about making a towel wedding cake. Towel cakes are similar to diaper cakes. They are make from rolled up towels and make a fun wedding gift.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

This is a guide about decorative towel ideas. Using lace, trimmings, embroidery or fabric, you can customize bathroom towels for holiday decor or a special gift.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about making a jacket from towels. A jacket made from terry cloth can be handy after swimming or bathing.

This is a guide about making a folded towel carrot. Your guests will be delighted by these clever folded towel carrots.

This guide is about making towel animals. New towels can be used to create a unique gift for many occasions.

Does anyone know how to make lounge wear from towels?

By Debi from Houston

Answers

You may find patterns in books in a fabric store or-l

Easy Instructions Things You'll Need:

Large beach towel
Step 1 My daughter wanted a beach towel cover up. So we bought a large striped beach towel.

I folded the towel in half lengthwise and held it to her shoulders. I cut in the center of the fold for a neck hole and made a small slit so that she could get it over her head. I stitched the sides of the neck to keep it from unraveling.

Step 2 Draping the now folded and stitched towel over her head I then measured where her hands were at her side and marked this. I took it off of her and let her pick out two huge buttons (I have a serious button collection that she chose from). I attached the sides together with the buttons and she had an instant beach cover up that we took on a trip to Disney World. She loved it and looked adorable.

Step 3 You can stitch decorative stitching around the bottom of this if you wish or hem it or leave the selvaged edges from your towel.good luck.

For an adult you will need 3 bath towels for a long robe. Fold one towel in half lengthwise. In the center on the fold cut a slit big enough to fit your head through. This piece is the yoke and sleeves. Take the second towel and sew the short side to the edge of the yoke like the leg on a "T".

This is the front. Take the third towel and sew the short side to the yoke on the opposite side. Fold the yoke in half lengthwise again. The garment will now look like a large letter "T". Sew the underarms and side seams. Slip on over your head. If you want a short robe, use half a towel for the bottom front and back.

Here is one made in the 70's
GG Vi

Full length
GG Vi

GG Vi,
Memories! My mother made me one of these for Christmas in the early 70's.

It was so comfortable and useful. I wore it after a tubby or on my way to and from the swimming pool.