Decorative Towel Ideas
September 27, 2010
You can make one or many of these fancy and ridiculously easy towels to give as a gift or to keep for yourself.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- fingertip/hand towel(s)
- trimming, to match the towel
- thread, to match trimming
- sewing pins
- optional: thimble
- Measure the trimming against the width of the towel and cut. Measure and cut as many strips as the number of towels you're making.
- Pin the trimming to the bottom third of the towel, there's usually a strip where it's not furry, cover that with the trimming. It's fine if it doesn't cover completely.
- Sew the trimming to the towel in the simple in and out sewing technique.
- If you're presenting a few towels as a gift, fold each towel in half, roll, place in a basket, and wrap.
A gorgeous gift that looks like a million bucks!
By Esther Mond from BaltimoreRead More Comments
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 290 Feedbacks
September 15, 2009
A friend of ours just recently remodeled his bathroom. I'm giving them a gift of two sets of towels to hang in their new bathroom.
Yo-Yo Christmas tree applied to finger towels using the Clover small round template. I used these for Christmas gifts this past year and received many compliments.
This is a page about making a folded towel carrot. Your guests will be delighted by these clever folded towel carrots.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.