Decorative Towel Ideas
Using lace, trimmings, embroidery or fabric, you can customize bathroom towels for holiday decor or a special gift. This is a guide about decorative towel ideas
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You can make one or many of these fancy and ridiculously easy towels to give as a gift or to keep for yourself.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- fingertip/hand towel(s)
- trimming, to match the towel
- thread, to match trimming
- sewing pins
- optional: thimble
- Measure the trimming against the width of the towel and cut. Measure and cut as many strips as the number of towels you're making.
- Pin the trimming to the bottom third of the towel, there's usually a strip where it's not furry, cover that with the trimming. It's fine if it doesn't cover completely.
- Sew the trimming to the towel in the simple in and out sewing technique.
- If you're presenting a few towels as a gift, fold each towel in half, roll, place in a basket, and wrap.
A gorgeous gift that looks like a million bucks!
By Esther from Baltimore
A friend of ours just recently remodeled his bathroom. He said that the whole job will cost him approximately $1,000. By doing the job himself, he saved himself a lot of money. So as an added bonus I'm giving them a gift of two sets of towels to hang in their new bathroom. I always include two washcloths in a set since the washcloth is the first to wear out.
By MCW from Lewiston, NY
January 13, 20091 found this helpful
Yo-Yo Christmas tree applied to finger towels using the Clover small round template. I used these for Christmas gifts this past year and received many compliments.
May 7, 20130 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a folded towel carrot. Your guests will be delighted by these clever folded towel carrots.
In This Guide