ElectronicsCleaning

How Do I Clean a Flatscreen TV?

I have a flatscreen TV, my grandbabies touched the screen with dirty fingers. How can I clean it without wrecking the screen?

By Priscilla from Redcliff, AB

Well referring to my owners manual for my flat screen it recommends to wipe the screen gently using only a cleaning cloth or soft lint free cloth. If the surface is particularly dirty,soak a soft,lint free cloth in diluted mild liquid dish soap ( one part mild liquid dish soap diluted by 100 times the amount of water.) In other words a ratio of 1 to 100. and then wring the cloth to remove excess liquid. Wipe the surface and then wipe evenly with a dry cloth of the same type until the surface is dry.

Avoid insect sprays,solvents,and thinners. otherwise the quality of the surface may be adversely affected.

Excellent links on how to clean flat screen tvs safely.

http://www.ehow  t-screen-tv.html

http://www.ehow  -tv-screens.html

And this link has a video on it:

http://www.yout  ch?v=oq-d0gfMhBo

We clean our flat screens with a product called "MonsterScreenClean", we bought it at best buy. This was recommended when we bought our new TV. It works great, you spray the cloth that comes with it and then wipe the screen. Good luck.

I am asking if the cleaning method for your flatscreen TV, would be the same for my 23" flatscreen computer monitor? I don't see why not. If so, I use "MonsterScreenClean" [as mentioned in another post] with a clean microfiber cloth. Do not spray directly on the screen, but spritz the cloth then wipe. It works wonderfully!

Thank you for the responses, I live in a small town and was unable to find monstercleanscreen but found a product called clean screen. Its from national TV products and its a multi-purpose display cleaning kit, it works great!! Did not know I could get products for cleaning screens so thanks a bunch!