"Thrifty Delights"

Homemade version of Betty Crocker Warm Delights Minis

• 2 1/2 Tbsp. packaged chocolate "pudding in the mix" cake mix
  • 1 tsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. plus 1 Tbsp. water
  • Ad
  • 10 to 15 chocolate chips
  • 5 to 7 mini marshmallows

Directions:

Thoroughly blend cake mix, oil and water into a washed and reused cooking bowl from a purchased package of Warm Delights Minis. Sprinkle chocolate chips and marshmallows on top of batter. Cook in microwave for 30 seconds at 1200 watts. (Less powerful microwaves may require longer.)

Allow to cool slightly, mix toppings into cake if desired, top with whipped cream if desired.

Warm Delights Minis make a tasty, small, single-serving snack, but they're very expensive especially given the amount of ingredients involved. After failed tries to make a version of the product in small dishes and coffee cups, I bought one package in order to get the containers, which I suspect are designed to work well in the microwave.

Servings: 1
Time:2 Minutes Preparation Time
1/2 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Trial and error to duplicate commercial product.

By ChloeA

I am so glad to see this! They taste so great, but are just a bit too expensive. Reminded me of making Easy Bake Oven cakes as a child, and not cooking them all the way! Thanks to you so much for your effort. I will have to give these a try!

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat Baked GoodsJune 29, 2009
🎉
🎄