Pam Residue on a Cookie Sheet

Please help me remove baked Pam residue from a regular cookie sheet (NOT nonstick).

Thanks,
Susie Whorley from Chapel Hill, NC

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Light pressure with an S.O.S. pad until it is removed.

Using parchment paper will avoid this problem and you also won't need the PAM either.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try using SOS pads. They work!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tamara 10 Flag

SOS pad would definitely do it. Some metals will rust if you scratch them with metal (as used in SOS pads). If you're worried about scratching the pan, try one of the ScotchBrite sponges with the plastic "scrubber" side. Or try some baking soda with a cloth or sponge.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I had a similar problem with PAM on my non-stick muffin pans. I soak the pans overnight with dryer sheets (e.g. Bounce) covering the sticky spots. In the morning I was able to scrub off the residue with the dryer sheets with little effort.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kelly 20 512 Flag

Barkeepers's friend....all I can say!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kathy 5 7 Flag

Use regular Soft Soap and a sponge. Elbow grease may be necessary if it has been baked several times.

Also, if, and only if, the pan is stainless steel, spray the pan with oven cleaner, place in a trash bag, tie off, set in the sun for several hours, then rinse. Wash and dry.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Have you tried oven cleaner? I had one once that was really bad. It was either clean it or pitch it so I thought why not try the oven cleaner on it. Most of the grease and black came off. It certainly looked better. Take it outside to spray it so the over spray will not hurt anything else and the fumes will not be so bad out there either. Happy cleaning!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Mr Clean (or off brand) eraser! Takes off all that irritating sticking residue ...works well on glass baking pans, too ...

Good luck

Cheryl

www.2ewenique.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Does anyone besides me see the irony in using PAM as a non-stick coating... then fighting with what the PAM leaves behind, which is far harder to remove?

If soaking a pan with Bounce works on baked-on grease etc., what's it doing to your fabrics?

Mr. Clean Eraser didn't work, btw. I've just tried it. And that's the last time I buy PAM!

Consumer beware.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I find that scrubbing with baking soda (with a regular sponge) works great. It's easy and quick and cheap!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

The magic eraser didn't work for me either, but it did make me look under my sink for something else to try. the solution: De-Solv-it. It works on everything! Try it ;)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I used a product called Bon Ami on my non-stick cookie sheet. It is a powdered cleanser similar to Comet but it doesn't scratch. Sprinkle it on the damp surface and use a wet sponge with the non-scratch scrubber side. It wasn't that hard to remove. If I had cleaned it this way right after cooking it probably would have been even easier.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jan 1 Flag

After trying many ways to remove the spray and grease from my cookie sheet. I poured enough vinegar in the cookie sheet to cover the bottom and placed it in a 250° oven for 25 minutes. I scraped the cookie sheet with a spatula and it just come off the bottom in yellow sheets. With a little elbow grease the corners came clean and it looks new again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 21, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
Dry Erase Board
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Dry Erase Board
Woman cleaning greasy frying pan.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue from Pans
Raspberry Bar Cookies
Bar Cookie Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 5:52:17 PM on 10.0.1.67 in 990 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings