Wash Keyboard In Dishwasher As Last Resort

Reading the tip on cleaning a keyboard made me think of this tip. If you have a keyboard that seems dead or has too many sticky keys and you're about to pitch it, try this, it worked for me.

Place the keyboard in the dishwasher and run the dishwasher. When the cycle is finished, take the keyboard out, shake out any remaining water and dry with a towel. Lay the keyboard somewhere to finish drying (upside down).

DO NOT HOOK BACK UP TO COMPUTER FOR SEVERAL DAYS!

After three or four days, when you are sure the keyboard is dry, plug back into the computer and you may possibly have a working keyboard. I tried this on a couple of our keyboards and was able to salvage one - the one I'm typing on now.

Source: Back in the 70's I worked with very, very expensive computer equipment. My boss told me if I spilled soda on the keyboard to immediately rinse it with water.

By noella from Bolivar, MO

Fantastic! LOL I do this with several of my so-called "non-immersible" appliances too.

With the keyboard, tho, I'd strongly suggest putting it in a zip closed mesh bag before putting it in the dishwasher. Sometimes the keys may pop out, and this way they won't be lost or damaged.

Cricket, what other "non-immersible" appliances do you put in your dishwasher?

Cleaning a Computer Keyboard, Washing Ketchup Off Keyboard with Soap and Water in Bucket
Cleaning a Computer Keyboard
Computers RepairApril 26, 2010
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
🎉
🎄