Keyboard Number Pad Won't Work

Category Electronics
If your number keypad has stopped working, the keyboard may just need to be cleaned or it may need to be replaced. This is a guide about keyboard number pad won't work.

I was cleaning my keyboard today while it was on (I know I should have had the computer turned off while I was wiping the keys). I hit some of the keys and now I cannot get my number pad to work. Can someone tell me how to turn it back on please? Thank you.

Debbi from Brownstown, MI

Answers

Best Answer

My guess is that you hit the Num Lock key. Look on your keyboard for a key that says "Num Lock", press it, and your keypad should work.

Best Answer

So! I was reading this to find an couldn't find it so what I did was hold the number key for 6 seconds and you will get a prompt that asks if you want to turn on toggle keys press yes. I might have done this at some point and it changed my pad from numbers to directional buttons so if you do it again, you will go back to buttons, if you do it and it the buttons work don't press number lock again or you'll have to do the process again. If you do press it and it turns off your numbers just fiddle with it by pressing and holding and trying the buttons until you get it right. I did.

Best Answer

Go to settings....easy access option.... mouse selection....then make sure numeric keypad to move mouse is "off"
let me know

Best Answer

I had a different problem, my numpad didn't work anymore it was acting up and Numlock didn't work (Something that's a regular test for me if my numbers don't work) So I just tried several things and I found out that I had to press numlock for a decent amount of time (around 5 seconds) and then everything worked again. I just wanted to share it since I didn't find my answer in this answer log