Pioneer Shirt Pattern

Does anyone have a pattern for a mens pioneer type shirt? I need to make one for my husband for a trek this summer. I also would like a pattern for a women's pioneer shirt and possibly some pantaloons. Please respond asap if you have any one of these items. Thank you in advance!

Angie from Utah

I think you might find a pattern on Ebay. There are all kinds on there usually priced reasonable.

You might look at pattern books under Halloween costumes. My mother wanted a wedding dress that was pioneer styled (second wedding outdoors) and she purchased a costume pattern and had her dress made with lovely material.

I have a folkwear missouri river boatmans shirt-you can see a pic of it on google by entering folkwear patterns from times past #204. It has both men and women's sizes in pattern. Is this something you would be interested in.

Check out Sewing Central. They have many period costume patterns. ... e.cgi?page=pioneer.html&cart_id=

For the pantaloons you can cut off a pair of white pants or sweatpants. The shirt can be any old long sleeve white shirt. Treks can be long and dirty. It is sometimes better to use what you have than to invest the time in making something new that will just get wagon grease on it anyway. My children have been on numerous treks and washing grease out of clothing is time consuming and not always sucessful. Old clothes allow them to relax and have fun without worry. Best of luck to you.

Our school is putting on a play of the 1800s and we need pictures or patterns of children's pioneer clothing to make. we are a small school with a minimum budget and cannot afford to buy costumes. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Crafts SewingFebruary 11, 2007
Tightening T-shirt Sleeves
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
wood toolbox
Pioneer Solutionism