Red Collar Bleeding On White Shirt

It is incredibly frustrating to have a shirt with a contrasting collar that bleeds all over the rest of the shirt the first time you wash it. This is a guide about red collar bleeding on white shirt.

I have a shirt with a red collar, but the rest is white. After I washed it the red collar bleed on the white part making it pink. How do I get the white white and keep the red, red.

Gina from Selma, NC

Answers

Best Answer

Rit sells a product called Color Remover. You could hold the shirt by the collar and dip it in it to remove the red but I don't know how you can prevent it from happening again.

By ahmet (Guest Post)
Best Answer

If you bought it recently you have the right to change it but they will blame you for washing at higher temp than stated, only a special test will show that.
However if it is not or you don't want to, then the only way is to unstitch the collar, and wash the rest with wash powder and bleach on its own in the washing machine then stitch the collar back on, and the next time wash on its own with cold wash only, or take it to a dry cleaners that does repairs and get them to do this but it would cost anything from ten pounds to twenty pounds depending on the area you live. I know this because I used to have a dry cleaning shop and I would have done this for ten pounds. Good luck

You might have to purchase a box of red dye and change the color to solid red.

Marge from NY

By (Guest Post)

Return the shirt if you can. It should not do that.