Color Bled on White Clothing

There are several remedies for this situation, depending on the fiber content of the white clothing. They include, bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and sometimes even time in the sun. Check the fabric for caution alerts and then choose the best solution for your garment. This is a guide about color bled on white clothing.

I washed my two favorite scrub tops together, and it ruined both of them. Apparently, there was some bleach left in my washer or an item with bleach on it left in my washer. One of the tops was dark in color. It left several light green stains on my white top. I rewashed the top seperately and this lightened the green stains a very small amount. I tried soaking the top overnight in Oxiclean, but this had no effect. I also tried applying regular bleach (full strength) to the stains and left it on for approximately 1 hour. Again, there was no change. Do you have any suggestions for removing these green color run stains? I am willing to try almost anything.

Answers

Best Answer

If it is of a cotton material, I would wash the white one with the bleach and oxyclean several times. I would think it would lighten up and disappear after several washings. Do not dry it as heat can set it. As for the dark one, you may have to use rit color remover and possibly redye it.

Best Answer

You do not say what happened to your dark top so if it is not spotted, maybe a salt or vinegar soak will help bring some color back.
Your white top may not be all cotton? Be careful with any product containing bleach is it is a mixture of any material other than cotton as it will turn it yellow.

I always tell people to try water and sunshine because it works ao well that many times nothing else is needed. Lay your white top in sunshine and keep it wet for at least a day or longer, even outside overnight is good because dew also helps. (Do you ever remember hearing how people used to lay their linens on grass overnight and then in sunshine to keep them white?) I do not do that but I use sunshine before I try any cleaning solutions - especially bleach as it tends to weaken material and will cause it to wear out quicker.

Best Answer

For the light top, you could try dabbing the stains with hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip. For the darker top, you can try to get a matching marker or fabric paint.

I have washed a white cotton sweater and it came out of the washer with pink blotches. Is there anything I can do to remove the color?

By jackye1

Answers

Best Answer

Try a product called Shout Color Catcher sheets, available in the laundry aisle at the supermarket, washing the sweater by itself with 2-3 sheets. The box will say use 1, but I find more is better.Then air dry.

If the sweater was dried in the dryer, the color may be set.

Another thing to try is soaking in a powder dishwasher and water solution. Fill a container big enough to submerge the sweater in with warm water, and dissolve 1 cup of detergent in it. Put in the sweater, making sure it is under the water and soak overnight. Rinse well and air dry.

Both the methods above have saved items for me. Hope they may help you
Since the sweater is white cotton, you could also make a bleach and warm water solution deep enough to cover the item and soak overnight. Check the bleach label for amount to use. Rinse and air dry.

Best Answer

Rit Dye has a product called Rit Color Remover. I have used it several times and have had good luck. It can be found at the grocery store, Walmart, etc. Any place that sells Rit Dye would probably have it. That's a frustrating problem. Good luck to you.

Best Answer

Half cup of Clorox, half cup of Cascade powder in a gallon or so of warm water. Let soak overnnight. (Then wash us usual. It has worked every time for me.

I washed some white clothes and a pair of brown pants got caught into the load. The clothes now are all yellowish. What can I do to make them white again?

Answers

Best Answer

Try washing them with your usual detergent and some oxyclean. Or, you can use some of the new Shout Color Run Remover. Don't dry in the dryer until it is all removed. It may take more than 1 treatment.

Best Answer

Soak overnight in a 5 gallon pail of hot water to which you have added 2T each of powdered dishwasher detergent and hydrogen peroxide. Wash as usual.

I washed a raspberry colored jacket in with other clothes. The jacket bled, but I didn't notice until after they were dried in the clothes dryer. How can I get the pink color out of my whites after they dried? Help!

By Connie from NY

Answers

Best Answer

Rit has a product for this. If you go to a store that sells Rit dyes you will also see that they have one to take the transferred colours out of whites.

Best Answer

And next time, buy a product called Color Catchers, by Shout! It works, and you can save $$ by mixing up the clothes in one load. They are a bit pricey, but will save in the long run.

I soaked my white shirts along with my red and black shirts. The white shirts have stains of red and black. Can you please give me any suggestions to remove the stains?

Nikki

Answers

Sharlene
Best Answer

The supermarket sells RIT in a small bottle or small pack. Usually on the top shelf. This is great for fixing mixed dyes. Easy and cheap too.

Good luck!

Load More