Dodge Caravan's Electric Windows Stopped Working

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan with only 15,000 miles and my warranty has expired. Both electric windows have stopped working. I checked the fuse but it is fine. Do you think both the left and right electric motor broke at 15,000 miles?

rb08 from Tomball, TX

I have a Town and Country van with the same issue. Turns out the weatherstripping piece around the door started to deteriorate and let water in the door when it rained. The water was what caused it to stop working. I had them fixed a while ago and can't remember the cost, so it couldn't have been too bad.

You may want to have the master switch checked on the drivers door, this may have shorted out, doubt if both motors would have shorted out or failed at the same time

I have a Dodge Dakota and only my passenger side is not working. Luckily I can still control it with the driver's side. I have been avoiding asking them about it, as I figure they'd have to take the entire door apart etc. : P

Not that this will help you, but I had to chuckle at your comment about both motors failing at 15,000. My husband jokes that they have a way to monitor your mileage remotely and they flick a switch for your engine light to go on when it reaches a certain amount. LOL Just last week I got the automated call to come in for an oil change, and the very next day my engine light came on. Too bad it cost more than an oil change to fix it!! : )

Hope your repairs aren't too costly!

I have the same van, same problem. My son replaced the motor in the window. The door have given us much trouble, one won't open at all and the back no longer opens. This is a real problem.

My husband and I have a 1989 Crown Victoria. Every once in a while if you put the drivers side window all the way down it won't come back up. I looked for a solution online and found a surprising one. Slam the door as hard as you can. I know it sounds crazy but I guess it "jumps" the motor. It always works for us and it won't really hurt to try it. Now, if only DH would stop putting the window all the way down!

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceOctober 23, 2008
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows