Dodge Ram Heater Not Working

Category Cars
When your heater is not working it can be a challenge to determine the cause. It may make the most sense to take it to a professional. This is a guide about Dodge Ram heater not working.

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram truck. When I turn the heat, air, or defrost on it is not working. Nothing is coming on.

By Joseph

Answers

Best Answer

I have a 1998 Ford Ranger Truck that the Heater Module Switch went bad. A/C works fine but it doesn't do much good as a defroster. The 12 volt Defroster that are sold are about 12 Watts and don't do anything, don't waste your money.
What I did was buy a 400/800 Peak Watt Inverter, an extension cord and a 200 Watt Lashko Heater, total cost $60. I place the heater on the dash on a rubber mat so it doesn't slide and turn on the heat and use the blower on low to distribute the heat. It dried up the moisture and defrosted my windshield just fine. My girl friend placed it on the floor boards and heated up the cab in no time. It was made to handle a office cubicle so a truck cab is no problem. There is no tip over switch on the heater so care must be used. It's only 200 Watts and the Inverter handled it with no problem. When I shut down, I shut off the Inverter so it doesn't drain my battery. Only problem it scrambles the AM radio signals but not FM, I can live with that when its C-O-L-D.

How do I fix my 2008 Dodge Ram1500 heater? When I adjust my heater to the floor it goes to the defrosters.

By Joel from Warren, MI

Answers

Best Answer

Sound like the blender door in your heater has broken.

My heater only blows air on the highest setting. No air comes out on low or mid settings. My blower motor went out and I replaced it, but now it only blows on high. I have a 2006 Ram 1500 truck.

By c. gamel

Answers

Best Answer

Check your blower motor resistor I think it's under your glove box.

We had no heat and no leaking fluids. My husband changed the thermostat and still no heat. Any suggestions?

By Michelle H.

Answers

Not saying this will work, but I drove the front end of my Lincoln up on car ramps. I cracked open the reservoir cap and squeezed the upper hose to force air out of the system.

You will see air bubbles arise in the reservoir.Then close the cap tightly.

I am getting great heat on all vents except the floor vent. I can't detect any heat coming from that one. My feet are constantly cold, here in Maine. Is there a tube that sends hot air just to the floor that might be disconnected?

By Myles D.

My 2007 Ram 1500 has a heater blower motor that stops working when I put the brake on. When I give it gas it starts blowing. It will do this awile and then stop working all together. Anyone have any ideas?

By Jack from Redford, MI

There is heat on the passenger side of my '02 Dodge Ram. It blows great heat, but on driver's side it is just lukewarm.

By Ron from Ithaca, NY

I just purchased a 1997 Dodge Ram Sport. The owner informed me that a part was needed on the firewall conected to the two hoses coming from heater core. What part or parts are they?

By Lester

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with the auto start installed well over a year ago to help either cool or warm up the truck, in the good city of brotherly love. As of this week, the blower in the truck remains on even when the truck is turned off. My trusted mechanic who has been working on vehicles for many moons is scratching his head. Any suggestions on what it may be?

By J. Sump

My 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 pick up truck blower on the heater/air cond (HVAC) starts and stops with no warning. Changing the blower dial makes no difference. I still get cold and hot air, but no air flow. When it works it works like normal, but all of a sudden it will quit with no warning and who knows when it will start again.

By Denny S

My Dodge Ram 2500 AC is blowing air to the windshield and feet, it will not blow to the center. What is wrong with it? How can I fix this?

By Alex R.

I have a '96 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 and the heat/ac is blowing lukewarm air on hot and nice and cold on a/c. The heater hoses in and out of the heater core are equal to temp of radiator hoses (nice and hot, 195 to 200 degrees). There is nice air movement, but just not getting hot enough. Could it be my blend door?

By Andy D.

I have an '05 Ram 1500 and the blower won't blow. I've checked power to the motor and resistor. I checked all fuses I could find, and I checked my selector switch. What do I need to do or check?

By aj

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. My heat works in 50 degree weather, but not below. The AC works great.

By Corey

Can you manually change the cold to heat under the dash on a 1997 Dodge Ram truck? The control knob on the dash does not seem to be moving anything, it moves way too freely. If I can change it from cold to hot under the dash please help me. I am freezing when I drive the truck.

By Larry C.

I have heat blowing from the passenger side vents, but cold air from the driver side vents. I was told to blowout my heatercore to unclog. Is this true?

By Robert

My 1999 Dodge Ram swaps from cold to hot and back randomly. What could be the problem?

By Tad

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and when I turn on the heater all I get is a little bit of heat only on low fan speed. When I turn up the fan speed it still blows, but cooler instead of hotter. Can anybody help me with my heater problem? Thank you.

By Daniel from Austin, TX

My daughter's truck heater won't stop working even when it is turned off. It is worse when the truck is accelerating, pressing on the gas pedal. We have tried putting it on the a/c side and it stills blows just as hot, and I mean really hot. My 1975 Dodge D100 has similar problems, while my Dodge Caravan just needs to be set to the a/c side to have it stop blowing hot at least. No one around our small town knows what we are talking about, meaning the mechanics.

By Laurie C.