Dodge Ram 1500 Not Blowing Hot Air on Floor

I am getting great heat on all vents except the floor vent. I can't detect any heat coming from that one. My feet are constantly cold, here in Maine. Is there a tube that sends hot air just to the floor that might be disconnected?

By Myles D.

There may be an issue with the air door actuator. You can read more about it here; www.cargurus.com/.../Discussion-c5417_ds627523

So a car may be different than a truck, but when I had (still have unfortunately) issues with my 07 car, I was told that the cold weather (we had a terrible cold streak a few years ago and one morning when I turned the heat on I heard a loud SNAP and no longer got air from the bottom vent). He said that freeze caused the cable to the actuater (I am not sure I am spelling that right) to snap and that in my car's case, the parts are dirt cheap, but the labor is killer because they have to take apart the entire dashboard to fix it.

I trust my mechanic as he has cared previous cars and he has never steered (yes, pun intended) me wrong. He said the car can live for years without it, and if I didn't fix it it harms nothing.

The thrifty person I am, I didn't fix it (still have the car) and I learned to wear extra socks and fur lined boots in the Pittsburgh winters.

Hope your car is less expensive to fix than mine! Wishing you good thoughts for an easy fix!