Car Vent Only Blows Hot Air

Category Cars
Car air conditioning systems are made to produce both hot and cold air depending on the setting and cab temperature. When this system fails it may require a trip to your local mechanic. This is a guide about car vent only blows hot air.

The a/c is not blowing cold in my 2004 Ford Ranger.

By Dennis Hinman from Rockledge, FL

Answers

Best Answer

You probably need to have your A/C recharged with freon.

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger and I can not change the temperature of the air coming out of the vents, it's always hot. The only time it changes is when I put it on max AC, then I get cold air out. Is there an easy way to tell if I have a vacuum hose off somewhere that is keeping the vent doors from opening and closing, or could it be an electrical problem?

Thank you.

Kevin from Cincinnati, OH

Answers:

Vent Only Blows Hot Air

It is probably just the switch. You can probably pick one of these up in a junk yard. If you can't put it on yourself, I'm not sure how much it would cost. (03/07/2007)

By Kathy

Vent Only Blows Hot Air

I guess I should have mentioned that I had the switch already checked out. I'm thinking it's a vacuum line or something. (03/07/2007)

By Kevin

Vent Only Blows Hot Air

I have the same problem. I found out that the damper door is broken on mine. The electric motor turns, but the door hinge is broken off. My friend is a certified Ford mechanic and he located the problem. He told me I had to roll out the dash to replace it. The electric motor that controls the ac/heat temperature switch connects to the damper door. I still haven't located the part anywhere yet. The Ford mechanic book indicates it is a 5 1/2 hour job. (10/01/2008)

By Scott