Is it Okay to Have a Freezer in the Garage?

Would it be okay to put a freezer in garage?

By sanemom4 from North Kingstown, RI

I know lots of people who do. Are you worried about the heat? I'm in Oklahoma & it seems to be okay here.

I have one here in ne ohio. Last winter it kicked itself off and I lost a lot in the freezer. Someone told me it was because it was so cold.

I have had freezers in my garage in VA, WVA,MD, FL and TN. You just have to check them on occasion to make sure they are running right and not freezing over (at which point you have to defrost).

We've had an older freezer (exact age unknown) that's been going strong in the garage of our house for 16 years. Temperatures range from above 90F in the summer to around 10F in the winter.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety AdviceAugust 27, 2010
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Garage Door
Garage Door Not Opening Properly
garage sale
Preparing for a Garage Sale
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 1:00:42 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.