Craft Project: New Year's Hat

Great recycled paper bag hat.

Approximate Time: 30 min - 1 hour

• sturdy paper bag
  • scissors
  • markers
  • feathers
  • glue
  • silk flowers
  • paint
  • stickers

Instructions:

You can find sturdy brown paper bags at Walmart (the type for frozen foods) for free. The bag must fit on your head. You can turn the bag inside out, but not fully, you want it to have a puffy look.

Roll up the edge a few times to get a band. It should have a nice fit. If the bag is too big around gather it at a spot or two and overlap, then staple.

Now for the fun, paint it, glitter it, glue on all kinds of fun stuff. You could glue on silk flowers, playing cards, poker chips, stickers, use makers, feathers, or buttons, the list is endless.

If you want a ribbon to tie it on just staple a piece to each side of the hat on the inside. This is great for New Year's Eve and doesn't have to cost anything.

I made a floral one for my dog, silly I know. ; )

By NoRulesArt from sunny FL

Ww! It's dressed in style for the New Year. How lovely!

Great crafting. I'm roaring at your pup in the picture. Loads of captions come to mind. :)

My Rotties and Mastiffs would kill me if I tried to put that on them! ::::laughing::::: Thanks for the giggle though. Looks cute as heck on your little doggie!

Photos CraftsDecember 30, 2010
Paper Plate Crab Hat
Making a Paper Plate Crab Hat
Crochet Hat Patterns
Crochet Hat Patterns
Santa hat with gold thread snowflakes
Making a Santa Hat Purse
child wearing fancy flowered hat
Making a Garden Party Hat
🎄