Growing Lemon Trees in Containers

I need help with my lemon tree. It is small, about 3 ft tall and in a container. It does have about 5 baby lemons growing. The leaves look like they are wilting.. I do give it citrus fertilizer once a month. I read online that I need to spray it with minor element spray. I can not find this at my local store. Where can I get the spray or is there a homemade version I can make? Is this why the leaves look droopy now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hardiness Zone: 10b

Irene from South Florida

Answers

July 26, 2008 Flag

I am looking for information on growing lemon trees in containers.

Calvin from Mandurah Western, Australia

Answers:

Growing Lemon Trees in Containers

Hi Calvin a good site for you to look up is www.homesite.com.au then go to Growing Citrus Fruit, it's suitable info for our Australian climate.
Hope this helps.

But the best way is to get a large pot, a good premium soil mix and citrus fertilizer, pots can be put in part shade or full sun depending on type of variety. Water well to start with add a wetting agent to the soil to save on watering later cause in W.A. water is precious, mulch then enjoy your fruits, may take up to 3 years to fruit though. (02/23/2007)

By Lambchop Western Australia

Home and Garden Gardening ContainerJuly 26, 2008
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🎄