Cheap vs. Expensive Silicone Scrapers

I have a number of silicone scrapers that I use in my kitchen. Some were expensive to buy, others I purchased at a dollar store. The cheaper ones tend to "sweat". It is an oily type liquid. The expensive ones do not do this. Does anyone know what that "sweat" is? Are they safe to use?

With all the recent reporting of things manufactured in China, which probably the cheap scrapers were made, being recalled, I wonder how safe some of our household items are?

I recently read that the majority of our microwave ovens are made in China. Now that's a scary thought.

Thanks for your help.

Mike from PA

I've had this with silicone products, plastics too. I don't know what the sweat is but it stopped after several washings. I never suffered any harmful effects from it.

Have you thought about the fact that is the manufacturer who is approving the design and make of whatever? For example Mattel the were the ones that approved all of the materials that went into making the toys, so it is the executives and management who make that decision on materials. So dont blame it on China.

From the information that I had read, it was the manufacturer who used an outside vendor to purchase the paint that was used for the toys. While this is normal for companies to do, the paint was not thoroughly tested by the company as required. I am not saying that it was done on purpose but an important step was skipped probably to save money.

The company went out of business because its' reputation was ruined plus it was stuck with the rest of the toys that were rejected. My thought on this was everybody, including the manufacturer in China, has to share the blame.

It seems to be happening way too often recently, especially when it involves our children. It makes me more aware of the items I purchase now. On certain purchases I make, I find myself checking out where it was made and rethinking the purchase.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food SafetySeptember 2, 2007
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
cleaning silicone spray from tiles
Removing Silicone Spray
Using Silicone Bakeware
Using Silicone Bakeware
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 12:24:10 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.