Combine Kitty Litter For Best Results

I have been experimenting over the past year with different cat litters to try and find one that absorbs really well, clumps tight, and also controls the odors well. I tried just about every brand available in my area (thank goodness, my cat's not picky on this!) and never could find one that did it all.

So, I started combining different brands till I found a combination that works great! Both are made by Arm and Hammer, but one is specifically for Multi-cat homes (I figured if it works for multi-cats, it should work great for single cats) and clumps tight, and the other is for "Double Duty" and controls the odor from both the urine and the feces. I combined the two types and, voila! They work great.

I keep a large trash can with a step-on lid next to the cat box and combine the two types of litter into that. Now my cat box area (in my case, next to my dryer) is much nicer to go into and is a lot easier to scoop every day.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

I agree! Arm & Hammer litter is the best by far. I'll try your combo method and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

Try Costco's big green. No smell - good clumping - clean smelling.

Pets CatsMarch 3, 2011
Black cat in a litter box.
Kitty Litter Tips and Tricks
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
Cat Litter
Alternative Uses for Cat Litter
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:32:06 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.