Patriotic Pups - Barkley and Scruffy

Barkley is a 7 year old Pointer/Lab mix, Scruffy is 1 year old Cairn Terrier/Lhasa Apso mix. Both were adopted from the San Diego County Animal Shelter.

Barkley, our black and white boy is crazy for the tennis ball. He'll chase and retrieve it over and over, both at the park and at the beach. He is a great swimmer, and will just wear himself out at Dog Beach, here in Ocean Beach, swimming after his tennis ball.

Scruffy, our little tan girl was sort of an after thought. We figured Barkley could use some company while my son and I were away from home, and she certainly fits the bill. She is such a character, and can't get enough attention. She isn't as fond of the water as Barkley, but is exceptionally social with any and every dog she meets at the park or beach. This is a photo of our 2 patriotic pooches taken last 4th of July, a few days after we adopted Scruffy. They look like they are standing at attention!

By Donna from San Diego, CA

Barkley and Scruffy

This is such a neat pose!!! Looks like a postcard I would buy on vacation!!!!

They look like alot of fun!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

This picture is wonderful. It gave me the smile I needed today! Barkley looks so regal and at attention- as if the National Anthem is being played! And little scruffy is just so adorable! Thanks so much for the pic it is GREAT.

how very cute...:)

ADORABLE!!! How cute and WONDERFUL of you to

adopt at the Humane Society growing up in San Diego I would visit and come home with something...

How nice to hear you went there.

They are both just adorable. I prefer smaller dogs so I would have snatched Scruffy up in a heartbeat- what an precious little face she has!

Thanks for going the rescue route. There are so many wonderful pets (even pure bred pups) that need homes!

I'll tell you, that's QUITE A PAIR of LOVING PETS!

Both so SPECIAL and cute. Barkley is like one of the most loving dogs I've ever had who developed rabies and died quickly, luckily without any of us catching it! It was his eyes that won my heart. Scruffy reminds me of my CockaPoo, Bijou, with more personality than any pet I knew. Enjoy and God bless you and them. : )

Photos Pets DogsJuly 3, 2006
A safety pin with beads in a flag pattern.
Patriotic Craft Ideas For Kids (USA)
Red, White, and Blue Jello Parfait
Red, White, and Blue Jello Parfait
4th of July Decorations
4th of July Decorating Ideas
4th of July Centerpiece
4th of July Centerpiece Ideas