FerretsPets

Ferret Food Tips

Back in the old days, people fed their ferrets kitten or cat food, instead of ferret food. The store that I go to sells ferret food. I was looking at the ingredients (an important thing for any pet parent to do), and I saw the protein was less in the cat/kitten food and there was just as much of the other vitamins that were in the cheap ferret food.

Of course, the best thing is to buy the expensive feed online from Drs, Foster and Smith or some such ferret food place. But, I don't get the expensive stuff, other than the Ferretone or other such supplement that they all need a little bit of everyday, because when ferrets get sick, sometimes it is hard to turn them around. Feed them well. You get out of them what you put into them, as far as health!

Here are some additional facts on ferrets, one of my favorite pets that do NOT spend most of their time in a cage.

http://www.everythingferret.com/nutrition.htm

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

When I got my first ferrets (4 rescues), I read that they could be very picky eaters. So I started them off on a mixture of several different ferret foods. (I read that if they only ate one kind and it became unavailable, they might literally starve themselves to death because they would not eat any other kind.) So I have always bought several different bags of food and mixed it all together in a plastic bin so that they are not picky about what they eat. They have been healthy and happy and have brought us lots of happiness with their antics.

This is a great idea! They do bring happiness with their everlasting antics, don't they?

Robyn